Monday, August 3, 2015

Things I Love

I feel like this next post is one I always have running in my head. I have a solid reputation for being thrilled by the littlest things. Ice cream? I'm jumping for joy. This was a quick rattle-off of the first ones that popped into my head. I think it is so important to remember these things during the stress and chaos of every day life and seek their joy. 

1) Handwritten notes.

 - C and I wrote each other notes constantly for a number of years. Whenever we were seperated for long periods of time due to the military, we wrote each other daily. Some love letters, some silly letters, some just talking about our days. Having that little piece of him show up in my mailbox every day was so special. I still have every letter saved in a box in our bedroom.

2) PB&J

 - Such a simple delicacy. I can't get enough, lately.

3) Sleeping in a freshly made bed.

 - It is so comfy to get wrapped up in crisp, clean sheets and a blanket. Add in getting out of a warm shower and into a clean bed and this girl is in heaven.

4) Showering.

 - Speaking of showers, I could do it forever. C thinks I'm crazy because I turn the water so hot, but there is something soothing about it.

5) Mountains.

 - Something so natural and so much bigger than you is a treasure. Thank you, nature.


The Happiest Place on Earth - Jefferson, NH

6) Naps.

 - Although I do not get the opportunity very often (Read: Never) waking up in the middle of the day or early evening in that lost, dreamy warmth of a nap is so cozy and wonderful.

7) Nice Pens.

 - I am a crazy lady when it comes to pens. I'm a .5 inky kind of girl. I even have a certain brand that I order off amazon because I like them so much. (and of course I label my name on every pen.)

8) Getting Mail.

 - I covered this a little already, but the feeling of getting a package or letter in the mail is so exciting. (Even more so, sometimes, when it's something you've ordered online and you're anxiously awaiting its arrival.... like pens!)

9) Harry Potter.

 - When I was a little girl, my mom would read a chapter of Harry Potter to me, then I'd read the next chapter to her, and so on. Waiting for the next new book to be released was so special. I still re-read them all the time.

10) Boston

 - I've traveled through so many cities, but I can still attest that Boston is my favorite. It is so small and messy, but also historic and filled with energy and a sense of community.

11) Tea.

 - Iced tea, hot tea, chai tea, sweet tea. I love them all.

12) Dogs.

 - I was raised with dogs and I do not think a home is truly a home without one.

13) Photographs.

 - I love taking pictures and having moments and memories captured.

14) The Boston Red Sox.

 - I was raised by the #1 Red Sox fan in the world. Having those memories of my Dad are so special.

15) Flying.

 - I know flying is such a common fear, but I so enjoy it. I love airports. I love adventures. I love knowing how small I am in the great, big sky.


I could go on forever. Writing this kind of list is such a great way to force a smile onto your face. What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment